Volunteering with the Oklahoma WONDERtorium is a great way to support our mission of inspiring curiosity to learn through play... for a lifetime. Every program and event provides unique opportunities for museum visitors and volunteers. Some events and programs need volunteers who can commit to a regular schedule, while other events and programs need volunteers on a limited or occasional basis.
Volunteers are vital to the success of the Oklahoma WONDERtorium and are active in every part of the museum. We simply can’t do what we do without you!
- Exhibit Floor Volunteers
- Special Event Volunteers
- Youth Volunteers
- Behind the Scenes Volunteers
- Volunteer Internships
How to Become an Oklahoma WONDERtorium Volunteer:
- Download and complete an OWL Volunteer application.
- Provide a copy of driver’s license or other State / Federal photo ID.
- Ensure that the references provided on the application have a signature, telephone, and email address.
- Participate in an onsite interview, which includes a tour of the site and discussion about opportunities and interest (about 30 minutes).
- Once your application has been received and references checked, which usually takes a day or two, you will work with our Volunteer Coordinator to choose days, times, and activities where you would like to volunteer.
Acceptance as a volunteer is contingent upon successful application and interview. If you have any questions or need more information about volunteering as an individual or with a group, email Oklahoma WONDERtorium Operations Manager, Sam Hand, or call her at 405-533-3333 x. 109.
Click here to view and sign up for available volunteer opportunities (dates, times, and what you'll be doing). If you sign up for a spot, please make sure to put it on your calendar. If you need to change your volunteer days or times, please log back in and uncheck the box next to the events you chose. This will reopen the time block for other volunteers and send us a note to let us know you cannot make it.