Inquiry-based exploration of the museum exhibits provides a wonderful opportunity for building knowledge and understanding in the areas of science, engineering, art, math, history, and culture.
Research tells us that play is a wonderfully inclusive and efficient form of learning. While playing, we engage the brain, develop soft skills, and strengthen hard skills. Play isn’t how children kill time; it’s how they make the most of their time. A child is never “just” playing. They are playing to learn - building the brains that will serve them for the rest of their lives.
We welcome you and your students to come and play to learn with us!
- Field trips may be scheduled Wednesday through Friday in two- or three-hour* time blocks, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. or Tuesdays 1:00 p.m. -3:00 p.m. If your group is larger than 85 students, we can schedule you on a Monday when the museum is usually closed. *The three-hour booking includes a lunch hour.
- Field Trips are for Public Schools. Not a Public School? See Group Visits.
- Must be booked at least ten (10) business days in advance.
- Admission is $5.00 per student (plus tax). Day Passes, Punch Cards, and Museum Memberships are not accepted for field trip payment.
- We require a 1:5 ratio (1 adult for every 5 children). All children must be actively supervised during your visit. Parents who will serve as official chaperones to meet that 1-5 ratio, must be clearly identified by the school in order to recieve complementary admission.
- There is no charge for Teachers, TAs, and Bus Drivers.
- Additional adult and sibling admission is $7.00 per person, plus tax.
- The lunch room is available on a first come, first served basis. The room fits 20 people and must be reserved when you choose your date of visit to ensure lunch space for your group. We will be glad to work with you to set up a rotating lunch schedule for larger groups.
- We do not have food service at the museum. There are snacks available for purchase in Ruthie's Shop of WONDER, our gift shop. Please send a chaperone with children into the gift shop.
- If your group is tax exempt, please call (405) 533-3333 x103 or email Guest Services for the tax exempt rate. A copy of your tax exempt certificate is due when you make the reservation. Please fax it to (405) 372-7289 or email a copy to Guest Services .
- If you need to cancel or reschedule, you may do so if you contact us at least five (5) business days prior to the scheduled visit date.
- The planner will receive a confirmation email within five (5) business days of booking.
Call (405) 533-3333 ext 103 or email Guest Services for additional information or to reserve your field trip date.
As an educator, you know the learning benefits of hands-on opportunities experienced during field trips. In an effort to make field trips to Oklahoma WONDERtorium more meaningful, we offer a free kit to help educators incorporate an Oklahoma WONDERtorium field trip into existing classroom curriculum. Each "Play Empowers Educators Kit" includes:
- Five videos
- Grade-specific WONDERtorium OES Guide
- WONDERtorium Exhibit Guide
- Oklahoma WONDERtorium Map
- Ages and Stages Guide
- Resources List
Kits are intended to help educators make the most of their field trip opportunities. Request your free Play Empowers Educators Kit when booking your field trip.