Inquiry-based exploration of the museum exhibits provides a wonderful opportunity for building knowledge and understanding in the areas of science, engineering, art, math, history, and culture.
Research tells us that play is a wonderfully inclusive and efficient form of learning. While playing, we engage the brain, develop soft skills, and strengthen hard skills. Play isn’t how children kill time; it’s how they make the most of their time. A child is never “just” playing. They are playing to learn - building the brains that will serve them for the rest of their lives.
We welcome you and your students to come and play to learn with us!
- Field trips may be scheduled Wednesday through Friday in two- or three-hour* time blocks, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. If your group is larger than 85 students, we can schedule you on a Monday when the museum is usually closed. *The three-hour booking includes a lunch hour.
- Click here to view available dates for field trips.
- Field Trips are considered to be 12 or more people who have booked at least ten (10) business days in advance.
- Admission is $5.00 per child (includes tax). Day Passes, Punch Cards, and Museum Memberships are not accepted for field trip payment.
- We require a 1:5 ratio (1 adult for every 5 children). All children must be actively supervised during your visit. There is no charge for required adult chaperones (including Teachers, TAs, and Bus Drivers).
- Adults, who fall outside of the 1:5 required ratio, are $5.00 each. So if you have a class of 25 with one teacher, one TA, and one bus driver, you have two more free chaperone spaces, then the rest of the adults need to pay $5.00 each.
- Any sibling attending the field trip will pay the school field trip non-exempt admission rate of $5.00.
- We offer a room for brown bag lunches and we will set up lunch rotation if your group includes 20 or more children.
- We do not have any food service at the museum. There are snacks available for purchase in Ruthie's Shop of WONDER, our gift shop. Please send a chaperone with children into the gift shop.
- If your group is tax exempt, please call (405) 533-3333 x103 or email Guest Services for the tax exempt rate. A copy of your tax exempt certificate is due when you make the reservation. Please fax it to (405) 372-7289 and write "Attn: Guest Services."
- For groups of 25 or more, credit card information is due at the time of the booking and will be kept securely until the day of your visit. The card is NOT charged ANY fees unless you cancel your visit. Credit card information is shredded and not kept on file.
- If you do need to cancel or reschedule, you may do so if you contact us at least five (5) business days prior to the scheduled visit date. Cancellation of a field trip reservation will incur a $50.00 charge.
- The planner will receive a confirmation email within five (5) business days of booking.
Call (405) 533-3333 or email Guest Services for additional information or to reserve your field trip date.
As an educator, you know the learning benefits of hands-on opportunities experienced during field trips. In an effort to make field trips to Oklahoma WONDERtorium more meaningful, we offer a free kit to help educators incorporate an Oklahoma WONDERtorium field trip into existing classroom curriculum. Each "Play Empowers Educators Kit" includes:
- Five videos
- Grade-specific WONDERtorium OES Guide
- WONDERtorium Exhibit Guide
- Oklahoma WONDERtorium Map
- Ages and Stages Guide
- Resources List
Kits are made possible by a grant from the Sarkeys Foundation and are intended to help educators make the most of their field trip opportunities. Request your free Play Empowers Educators Kit when booking your field trip.