Inquiry-based exploration of the museum exhibits provides a wonderful opportunity for building knowledge and understanding in the areas of science, engineering, art, math, history, and culture.
Research tells us that play is a wonderfully inclusive and efficient form of learning. While playing, we engage the brain, develop soft skills, and strengthen hard skills. Play isn’t how children kill time; it’s how they make the most of their time. A child is never “just” playing. They are playing to learn - building the brains that will serve them for the rest of their lives.
We welcome you and your students to come and play to learn with us!
- Field trips may be scheduled Wednesday through Friday in two- or three-hour time blocks, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. or Tuesdays 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. If your group is larger than 85 students, we can schedule you on a Monday when the museum is usually closed.
- Field Trips are for Public Schools. Not a Public School? See Group Visits.
- Must be booked at least ten (10) business days in advance.
- Admission is $5.00 per student (plus tax). Day Passes, Punch Cards, and Museum Memberships are not accepted for field trip payment.
- We require a 1:5 ratio (1 adult for every 5 children). All children must be actively supervised during your visit. Parents who will serve as official chaperones to meet that 1:5 ratio, must be clearly identified by the school in order to recieve complementary admission.
- There is no charge for Teachers, TAs or Bus Drivers.
- Additional adult and sibling admission is $7.00 per person, plus tax.
- The lunch room fits 20 people and must be reserved when you choose your date of visit to ensure lunch space for your group. We will be glad to work with you to set up a rotating lunch schedule for larger groups.
- We do not have food service at the museum. There are snacks available for purchase in Ruthie's Shop of WONDER, our gift shop. Please send a chaperone with children into the gift shop.
- If your group is tax exempt, a copy of your tax exempt certificate is due when you make the reservation. Please fax it to (405) 372-7289 or email a copy to Guest Services .
- If you need to cancel or reschedule, you may do so if you contact us at least five (5) business days prior to the scheduled visit date.
- The planner will receive a confirmation email within five (5) business days of booking.
Call (405) 533-3333 ext 103 or email Guest Services for additional information or to reserve your field trip date.
Play Empowers Educators Tools:
As a parent or educator, you know the learning benefits of hands-on opportunities experienced during field trips. In an effort to make field trips to Oklahoma WONDERtorium more meaningful, we offer a free series of downloads known as our Play Empowers Educators Kit or PEEK, to help educators incorporate the field trip activities into existing classroom curriculum. Parents and Educators can download the entire selection or just the sections of the kit that are most relevant to them.