Inquiry-based exploration of the museum exhibits provides a wonderful opportunity for building knowledge and understanding in the areas of science, engineering, art, math, history, and culture.
Research tells us that play is a wonderfully inclusive and efficient form of learning. While playing, we engage the brain, develop soft skills, and strengthen hard skills. Play isn’t how children kill time; it’s how they make the most of their time. A child is never “just” playing. They are playing to learn - building the brains that will serve them for the rest of their lives.
We welcome your group to come and play to learn with us!
- Group Visits may be scheduled during all open hours: Tuesday to Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Sunday 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. in two hour time blocks. If your group is larger than 70 people, ask us about Monday scheduling.
- Groups are considered to be 12 or more people who have booked at least ten (10) business days in advance.
- Admission is $5.00 per person (+ tax). Day Passes, Punch Cards, and Museum Memberships are not accepted for field trip payment.
- We require a 1:5 ratio (1 adult for every 5 children). All children must be actively supervised during your visit. Chaperones are $5.00 each (+ tax) (including Teachers, TAs, and Bus Drivers).
- Rooms may be available for rental for snacks, meals, or special activities during your Group Visit for $25 or $35 per hour. Please inquire when scheduling your group. You can also find more information on Room or Museum Rentals here. (There are no room rentals available June 1st - August 15th)
- We do not have food service at the museum. There are snacks available for purchase in Ruthie's Shop of WONDER, our gift shop. Please send a chaperone with children into the gift shop.
- If your group is tax exempt, please call (405) 533-3333 ext 103 or email Guest.Services@okwondertorium.org for the tax exempt rate. A copy of your tax exempt certificate is due when you make the reservation. Please fax it to (405) 372-7289 or email a copy to Guest Services and write "Attn: Guest Services."
- For groups of 25 or more, a depost of $50 is required to reserve your date/time block.
- If you do need to cancel or reschedule, you may do so if you contact us at least five (5) business days prior to the scheduled visit date. Cancellation of a group visit reservation will incur a $50.00 charge.
- The planner will receive a confirmation email within five (5) business days of booking.
Call (405) 533-3333 ext 103 or email Guest.Services@okwondertorium.org for additional information or to schedule your group.
The Museum Experience
In an effort to make group visits to Oklahoma WONDERtorium more meaningful, we offer a free kit to help educators incorporate an Oklahoma WONDERtorium field trip into existing classroom curriculum. Each "Play Empowers Educators Kit" includes:
- Five videos
- Grade-specific WONDERtorium OES Guide
- WONDERtorium Exhibit Guide
- Oklahoma WONDERtorium Map
- Ages and Stages Guide
- Resources List
Kits are made possible by a grant from the Sarkeys Foundation and are intended to help educators make the most of their field trip opportunities. Request your free Play Empowers Educators Kit when booking your group visit.