Inquiry-based exploration of the museum exhibits provides a wonderful opportunity for building knowledge and understanding in the areas of science, engineering, art, math, history, and culture.
Research tells us that play is a wonderfully inclusive and efficient form of learning. While playing, we engage the brain, develop soft skills, and strengthen hard skills. Play isn’t how children kill time; it’s how they make the most of their time. A child is never “just” playing. They are playing to learn - building the brains that will serve them for the rest of their lives.
We welcome your group to come and play to learn with us!
- Group Visits may be scheduled during all open hours: Tuesday to Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Sunday 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. in two hour time blocks. If your group is larger than 70 people, ask us about Monday scheduling.
- Groups are considered to be 12 or more people who have booked at least ten (10) business days in advance.
- Admission is $5.00 per person (+ tax). Day Passes, Punch Cards, and Museum Memberships are not accepted for field trip payment.
- We require a 1:5 ratio (1 adult for every 5 children). All children must be actively supervised during your visit. Chaperones are $5.00 each (+ tax) (including Teachers, TAs, and Bus Drivers).
- Rooms may be available for rental for snacks, meals, or special activities during your Group Visit for $25 or $35 per hour. Please inquire when scheduling your group. You can also find more information on Room or Museum Rentals here. (There are no room rentals available June 1st - August 15th)
- We do not have food service at the museum. There are snacks available for purchase in Ruthie's Shop of WONDER, our gift shop. Please send a chaperone with children into the gift shop.
- If your group is tax exempt, please call (405) 533-3333 ext 103 or email Guest.Services@okwondertorium.org for the tax exempt rate. A copy of your tax exempt certificate is due when you make the reservation. Please fax it to (405) 372-7289 or email a copy to Guest Services and write "Attn: Guest Services."
- For groups of 25 or more, a depost of $50 is required to reserve your date/time block.
- If you do need to cancel or reschedule, you may do so if you contact us at least five (5) business days prior to the scheduled visit date. Cancellation of a group visit reservation will incur a $50.00 charge.
- The planner will receive a confirmation email within five (5) business days of booking.
Call (405) 533-3333 ext 103 or email Guest.Services@okwondertorium.org for additional information or to schedule your group.
The Museum Experience
In an effort to make group visits to Oklahoma WONDERtorium more meaningful, we offer a free kit to help educators incorporate an Oklahoma WONDERtorium field trip into existing classroom curriculum. Each "Play Empowers Educators Kit" includes:
- Five videos
- Grade-specific WONDERtorium OES Guide
- WONDERtorium Exhibit Guide
- Oklahoma WONDERtorium Map
- Ages and Stages Guide
- Resources List
Kits are intended to help educators make the most of their field trip opportunities. Request your free Play Empowers Educators Kit when booking your group visit.