Volunteering with the Oklahoma WONDERtorium is a great way to support our mission of inspiring curiosity to learn through play... for a lifetime. Every program and event holds unique opportunities for museum visitors and volunteers. Some events and programs require volunteers to work on a regular schedule, while other events and programs need Volunteers on a limited or occasional basis.
Volunteers are vital to the success of the Oklahoma WONDERtorium and are active in every part of the Museum. We simply can’t do what we do without you!
Ways to volunteer with the Oklahoma WONDERtorium:
- Exhibit Floor Volunteers
- Special Event Volunteers
- Youth Volunteers
- Behind the Scenes Volunteers
- Volunteer Internships
How to become an Oklahoma WONDERtorium volunteer?
- Download and complete an OWL Volunteer application.
- Provide a copy of drivers license or other State / Federal photo ID
- Ensure that the references provided on the application have a signature, telephone and email address
- Participate in an onsite interview (about 30 minutes and includes a tour of the site and discussion about opportunities and interest)
- Once application has been received and references checked (usually only takes a day or two), the volunteer will work with the Operations Manager to choose days/times/activities where they would like to volunteer.
Acceptance into the volunteer program is contingent upon successful application and interview. If you have any questions or need more information about volunteering as an individual or with a group, contact:
Oklahoma WONDERtorium Operations Manager, Sam Hand, at 405-533-3333 Ext. 109